Skip to main content

Amazon Affiliate Marketing - Social Media Strategy

Happy one week anniversary to me! Sales Team Six was formed one week ago today. I started the blog, then created my Amazon Affiliate Account, and then hopped on Twitter. This blog has 123 views, 71 random people follow me on Twitter, and my affiliate links have 196 clicks. A bit better than I expected for the first week, honestly. But, that following has resulted in ZERO week 1 sales. There were 196 clicks on my links to Amazon products and not one person made a purchase. Total bummer. But, can't just give up. Here is what my strategy has been and will continue to be for the near future:

1. Post on this blog once per day. Create posts about either Amazon Affiliate Marketing (like this post) or about Amazon products (usually a "Top 5" list). Staying consistent with the blog is the key right now. I am also in the process of trying to setup Google AdSense on the blog.

2. Conduct following sprees on Twitter, daily. As mentioned above, I have 71 followers. That is a result of following 1,900 random people. Well, not completely random... I have focused on one topic each day. For example, one day was dogs. So I found a popular pet/dog account and followed a ton of random people that follow that account. Then searched Amazon for dog products and made many posts on Twitter broadcasting those products.

3. Re-Tweet. A lot. Re-tweeting is an easy way to get noticed and make a bunch of posts without having to make a ton of content. Even better, is when you can Re-Tweet and add a quick comment with an Affiliate link. Maybe a solution to a problem someone is having?

4. Create an email list. I used MailChimp for this. It is free and allows up to 2,000 subscribers. Way more than enough for the time being. I will continue to post a link to the email list at the bottom of all of my blogs and make periodic posts about it on Twitter. It has zero subscribers at the moment, but once it has followers, I will be sending daily emails with links to an "Amazon Deal of the Day".

5. Tweet about the blog and always include my Twitter handle at the bottom of every blog.



Follow me on Twitter @Sales_Team_Six

Subscribe to my "Amazon Deal of the Day" email list - http://eepurl.com/dgDV4L

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazon Affiliate Marketing

Amazon affiliate marketing. Something you’ve probably heard of if you’re on this page, but if you haven’t.... Amazon affiliate marketing is a great opportunity for anyone to make some extra money online. I’ve actually spent hours upon hours clicking on bad links telling me I could make thousands of dollars a week doing this or that. But it’s all lies. Working from home and being successful isn’t easy so don’t believe any ad that tells you it is. However, I’m starting to buy into this affiliate marketing thing. So I’m giving it a shot and I encourage you to do the same. Start with amazon. They have tons of products so you can market whatever you want. Use your Facebook and your twitter. Use YouTube and blogger. All free. Just market popular products or your favorite products. Cheap or expensive. Toys. Work equipment. Clothes. Jewelry. Anything! All you do is take the link for your product and include it in a post on social media. When people use your link you will earn a commission. It ...

Family Fun Night - best card games and board games

Whether it’s family or friends, getting together with people you like or love is always nice... BUT how often do you just end up sitting there watching TV??? Well then get yourself some of the games below. These are my favorite games that I own. 1. Watch ya Mouth - $19.99 -  http://amzn.to/2DpwAVu Funny game. Very funny game. Try to pronounce odd phrases with a mouthpiece holding your lips open. It’s fun to try to read the phrases and to try to understand them. And if alcohol is involved, then it’s amazing. 2. Cards Against Humanity - $25.00 -  http://amzn.to/2D5A6qb Another very funny game. Be careful playing with your parents, but get a group of friends together and it’ll be one of he best nights of your life. One player reads a card offering up a question or fill in the blank. Then all other players play their funniest card fitting the situation. The responses are hilarious. 3. What do you Meme? - $29.99 -  http://amzn.to/2DnPjAO Keep the...

Top 5 Car Accessories

Cars these days are usually jam packed with tech, so you may think “what more could I ask for?”. Or you could be like me and have a 2005 Toyota still stumbling down the street after all these years. In that case, I can almost guarantee you’re thinking “how can I make this piece of sh*t just a little better?”. Well no matter what your situation is, check out the following 5 car accessories that will make your morning commute, Sunday drive, and family road trips much more enjoyable. 1. Smartphone Mount - $22.49 -  http://amzn.to/2DkDdrX Mounting your smartphone to your dash is not only convenient, but is also, much more importantly safer. None of us should be texting and driving or even reading blogs while behind the wheel, but making phone calls and navigation are common uses for your phone in the car. And, in general, you have to look down at your phone to type your wife’s number or type in the address for your work event. Not safe. Positioning your phone on the dash in this co...